Help Us to Help You...
- Only request an ‘on the day’ appointment if your problem is truly urgent.
- Only book a telephone appointment if your problem is likely to be able to be dealt with over the phone.
- Use your pharmacist appropriately for advice for minor illnesses and medication queries.
- Use the internet for advice regarding minor illnesses - Click Here to start searching.
- Cancel appointments if you're not going to attend.
- Do not book appointments ‘just in case’ you may need one.
Abington Park Surgery is a training practice, offering placements to Year 3 and Year 5 Medical Students.
We hope that you will support us in helping the students to learn about general practice.
You will be informed of their presence in advance. Should you not wish them to be present, your wishes will be respected. This will not affect your treatment in any way.
Click here to read more.
Completely housebound patients and those too ill to attend surgery may request a home visit by phoning 01604 630396 before 11.00am. The receptionists will ask for brief details of the problem so that the doctor can decide the urgency of each case.
The doctor may contact you by telephone to find out if a home visit is medically necessary, or whether a more appropriate consultation can take place at the surgery.
Late For Your Appointment
Please attend your appointment on time. If you are late you may not be seen. If you are not seen you will not be able to rearrange your appointment until the next working day, except in the event of a medical emergency that requires immediate attention.
If you require an interpreter to attend with you when you see your Doctor please notify the receptionist and they will arrange this for you.
Cancel an Appointment
It is important that you inform the reception staff if you are unable to attend your appointment, this will allow that appointment to be offered to another patient. If you fail to notify the Practice that you are unable to attend, you will be sent a letter informing you that you have defaulted from your appointment. Persistent defaulters maybe removed from the list.